Tuesday 8 April 2014

Hail does not stop Happy Running

Brilliant running by everyone on today's guided Running Delights off-road session. The weather was mixed, with a cold westerly wind blowing and rain showers threatening (my spare gloves and buff were appreciated). Thankfully the heavy rain held off, but we did have one delightfully exfoliating hail shower just as we reached the summit of Cock Hill!!

Heading up from Old Glossop past Blakemoor Plantations
Climbing up Blake Moor
Not far to Cock Hill summit trig point...and that lovely hail shower!!
Everyone at the trig point with Swineshaw Reservoir way below us...
...you can just make out the hail falling but sunshine behind us!
Descending down through the quarry
Approaching the plantations

Very poor photo of my first 2014 lambs
Dropping down through the trees
Washing our shoes in the brook

If you want to join me on a guided run head over to the Running Delights facebook page where I have the dates for upcoming runs scheduled in the Events section. Guided runs on a one-to-one basis or for groups at other times can be organised, just contact me to get a date fixed up. More information about guided runs here as well.

2 comments:

  1. A great morning run! I'm not a regular athlete, but I was made welcome and the pace was fair both up and down the hill. The route was also excellent, showing me some of the glossop hills I've not seen before, and some walks I'll probably do myself again. It's great to get outdoors, and it felt like in no time at all we had left Glossop behind us and found the wonderful countryside!
    Thanks Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, really pleased you enjoyed the run and it's given you the confidence to go out on your own sometime. Keep your eye on the Running Delights facebook page - I'll be organising some evening sessions soon which I know should fit in with your work a bit easier.

      Delete