Sunday 18 August 2013

Sedbergh

It was the Sedbergh Hills fell race today and at 22.5km with 1850m ascent it was a little beyond me (for now). So, joining the Glossopdale gang in a support role I drove a few of us up there then headed out for my own little run. The rain had cleared up, though it was a tad windy on the tops. I ran nearly 18km with 1028m ascent, and was out for about 2hrs 45mins. Pretty decent, though it involved a stop to watch the race pass on Arrant Haw, and a few other stops to chat with other runners just out enjoying the day but not racing. Here's a few photos I took:

Looking back down towards Sedbergh after the long first ascent


The ascent continues...

Arrant Haw (605m)

The view North-ish from Arrant Haw
The first descent off Arrant Haw
Looking back to The Calf (676m) from White Fell Head (636m)

Somewhere in between The Calf and Arrant Haw on the way back to Sedbergh

Winder trig point

No comments:

Post a Comment