Sunday 10 March 2013

Shiny Shoes

The road trainers I bought last year have started to feel a little less springy so I decided it was time for new shoes. And one can never have too many running trainers, can one?! I spotted some Inov8 road-x 238 at a reduced price and decided to give them a go. I like the fell shoes I have which are Inov8, so this was a good opportunity to try some of their road shoes. The road-x 238s have the same 3-arrows as my roclites which I'm happy using on short road runs so figured I'd be able to cope with the 238s on the runs I do.

Don't think they'll stay this clean for long...
I took them out on their first run today and they were very comfortable. Around the heel felt good and although the toe area feels much roomier than my x-talon 212's this didn't seem to give me any issues.  Today's run was 10mins warm up, then 8 hill reps (1min steep up, fast down, 1 min rest), and 10mins warm down. The shoes felt good, grippy on the damp tarmac and light.

1 comment:

  1. Running shoes are like bikes, aren't they? (And skis. And rucksacks.) The n +1 rule applies.

    ReplyDelete