Monday 7 January 2013

10km PB

My running club, Glossopdale Harriers, has a 10km handicap race once a month. So far I've not done the route, that is until this morning. I decided I'd just go and run it, and try to go fast without breaking myself.

I live about 1km from the start of the route, so ended up running 12km in 1:08. The first 10km of that was in a new PB of 56:40, and just the handicap 10km section in about 56:35.

While this course isn't massively hilly, it does include about 140m of ascent with two main climbs. The first comes very close to the start but only gains about 20m. The second climb is the hard one, at around the 5.5km mark (on the race route) it drags on for 2.5km and climbs 120m. Good news is that from here it's all downhill to the end.

I'm really pleased with my PB, now to get training and shift another 6 to 7 minutes off the time.

Here's a link to the garmin track: 10km GDH handicap route link by cyclopsrunner at Garmin Connect - Details

3 comments:

  1. Wheeeeeee! You're really making me jealous! I am aware my fitness is back to crap since our travelling began!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lillian and Cor, fitness will soon return Cor - you just wait :)

    ReplyDelete