Sunday 22 July 2012

Hectic!

This has been one hectic month.

But it's all good. There's been things I've wanted to write about but I just haven't had time. My training has been cut short and a few sessions missed. I had a great month or so, then the last 2 weeks have been a little disjointed with work events taking priority (always going to happen when you're self-employed) plus it's the run up to my stint down in London as a Games Maker - Sports Massage Practitioner to use my official title - at the 2012 Olympics. It's been frustrating not being able to write about the build up to that event, but there are restrictions (tight ones) on what we can say in social media.

Looking back at the diary I can see why things have been so hectic. On top of the normal work schedule there's been additional special events where we've been providing our sports massage services. We've had a trip to London for Olympic training, and we've had our running club (Glossopdale Harriers) 30th anniversary festivities.

I now have just a few days to put things in order before I head south. I've got an adjusted running programme working around my shifts, and tomorrow I should be getting some strength and conditioning sessions to slot in as and when I am not on Olympic duties.

I am very excited (it's hard to express this properly) about being at the Olympics, it's such a great opportunity and without chucking out loads of cliches I can't resist just one - this is going to be an experience of a lifetime. I'll write more afterwards, when freedom of speech isn't so restricted. For now, it's hard to believe that my application form was submitted in August 2010. Almost 2 years to the day I'll be commencing my first Olympic shift. It's been a long time coming!

The Alport - on my list to explore on my runs when I'm back from London

2 comments:

  1. All the best for the Games maker sports massage practitioning.

    Have a good one Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We're having a great time - will blog about it all but not until Games have finished :)

      Delete