Monday 5 March 2012

Review & Reminder

Here's my update on February and how my 2012 Aspirations are going...

Monthly (weekly goals are getting a bit lost along the way)

2 Glossopdale Harriers club runs: complete - 10km on 14th and 11.7km on 28th. Both head torch runs on the fell.

2 full days on the hill: 5th - out on Bleaklow in the snow - more about that on my White Out blog. Not had any long days on the hill....must address this one.

2 half days on the hill: complete. 12th - birthday walk with friends; 17th - good nav session around Lordship Hill/Doctors Gate; 19th - nav & geocaching around Cock Hill/Peak Naze;  25th - hide & seek geocaching walk around Lees Hill/Swineshaw Moor north of Hollingworth.

1 weekend away: nope.

1 bivvy night on the hill: nope. life was just too busy. I'm changing this to be 10 bivvy nights during the year...seems more feasible to get nights on the hill away from winter.

Rocks on Lordship Hill - navigation run/walk session
Progress on 2012 Aspirations
#1 - 24 GDH runs: 2 complete, on target. Both were head torch runs...the last of which was in clag - i.e. not a lot of visibility.
#2 - run 3 fell races: 1 complete (Kinder Trial in January), on target. I've entered the Dark&White Mini MM on 18 March (to be held around Macclesfield Forest), and Kinder Downfall race on 22 April.
#3 - cover 25km in one go: max distance 19.25km. I've not run anything longer than Kinder Trial.
#4 - 10 body weight chin ups: max in one go is now 5 which was reached on Thursday last week. Training last Monday saw me hit the 4 bwt x 4 sets target as well. Progress is good. I actually did 17 on Monday and 31 on Thursday - just not all in one go. But if I'd done 17 in one go on Monday then I would have equalled the record for female chin ups at the gym! Some way to go for that record.

Ogden Clough - walking up to place geocache

So, things I need to address:
  • run 3 times a week
  • weekend away
  • more time on the hill doing navigation and learning the local area
  • increase running distance 
I have included longer runs on my training programme...I just need to do what it's telling me now during March.

No comments:

Post a Comment