Friday 16 March 2012

Buzz

It's been a busy week for me on both the work and play fronts. I thought it would be good to write down exactly what I've done this week...to see if it reflects the immense tiredness I've felt today. Unusually for me I had a nap this afternoon, so I must have used a good quantity of energy. Here's what I've been up to:

  • Saturday - working at ShAFF (Sheffield Adventure Film Festival), more about our free sports massages here.
  • Sunday - more quality time at ShAFF
  • Monday - strength & conditioning training at S&P gym. new programme - heavy on the legs and glutes
  • Tuesday - 2hr navigation run across Bleaklow (from bottom of Near Black Clough back to Glossop)
  • Wednesday - 3hr navigation walk from Tintwistle to Crowden
  • Thursday - busy morning working at a local NCT Mothers Day event (loads of free taster pregnancy massages) then 5.5hr night navigation walk on Bleaklow, ending at 1am
  • Friday - up early considering the late night...off to Ladybower for an easy 10km run with a friend and back home by 11am

Sheepfold located during Wednesdays navigation walk, this feature is on Bareholme Moss looking south towards Crowden YHA
I've run and walked 43km in the past 7 days, plus had 2.5 days of work events which has me on my feet. It's all great, and shows me that some weeks I can fit in more, I can push myself, and I can enjoy the warmth of the blanket on the sofa as I snooze for an hour in the afternoon.

We're now all packed for a fun day at Crowden YHA - the venue for the English Championship Fell Race where we (Global Therapies) are looking after the fell runners with free sports massage. It should be a busy day with over 500 runners!!!

And just to finish me off, on Sunday I'm racing at the Dark & White mini mountain marathon - a 3hr orienteering fell race down in Macclesfield Forest. There's be a post to follow on that one - can't work out if I'm excited or nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment