Monday 19 December 2011

Strength training

It's been a while since I wrote about my training down at the S&P gym...I got a bit caught up in the fun of it all, and then got ill - starting with a cold that developed into a chest infection and wiping me out for a good 3 weeks totally, and then took another 2 weeks of lighter sessions. I've started a new training programme for the coming month and I'm most excited about it. I felt ready to train today, and excited about doing body weight chin ups - 4 sets of 2. I actually surprised myself and did all 4 sets. Brilliant. It really is very satisfying to see the progress I've made since I started back in July. Back then I was doing chins with the assistance of 2 massively strong giant rubber bands....and struggling to do 4 sets of 8. I can now do (or did last Thursday) 4 sets of 8 with the smallest band.  When I do my body weight sets I always warm up using the strongest band for 3 or 4 reps...doing that today just felt easy. I guess you can work out I'm quite chuffed with my progress!!

Session #1 - Mondays

Session #2 - Thursdays




I was told by Coach Keefe today that my 'finishers' (the metabolic training which comes after these sessions) will be stepped up a gear in the new year...to be honest, I think I've been getting off a bit lightly with them. Maybe I've hidden that fact a bit, but there's no hiding anymore.

I also need to write down my goals (aspirations) for Coach Keefe - that way my training will be more focused and assist me to get to where I want to be....out in the hills running!!


No comments:

Post a Comment