Friday 26 August 2011

Quick run

Did a quick 5km run on the road. Think I set off pretty fast owing to the music I'd chosen - dance beats do it every time! It felt ok though, definitely out of breath but able to keep the pace going.

Moving time of 25:59 for 5.05km. Happy with that.
First 2 kilometers were 4:44 and 4:46 and first km included waiting for traffic lights to cross main road. Nice.

Was a hot run. Should have been wearing shorts. Glad I didn't do a fell run....it's nice to mix it up, and get some speed and strength in the legs.

Got my max HR up to 195bpm!!! Average at 170bpm.

I started to play with my stride length on the flat/downhill sections - stretching out a bit. Will do more of that on road runs....see how I can gain efficiency.

2 comments:

  1. grrr, i'm rubbish at maths, struggling with the conversion but i think it's pretty fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank!!
    a 4 min 44 sec kilometer would be about (if my maths is right) 7min 34 sec per mile.

    ReplyDelete