Friday 3 June 2011

Osteopathy

I wrote an entry on the globaltherapies blog about my visit to the osteopath yesterday....click here to read it.
It's been less than 24 hours since the treatment but I can already feel an improvement. The pain on the top of my left fibula (lower leg bone on the outside) has totally gone, and prodding around my ITB on the same side it would appear that the ultra-sensitivity has pretty much eased off too. I shall be indulging in some foam rollering after breakfast to get some fresh blood to the area and loosen off any residual tension. What other differences can I feel...well, I don't feel quite so wonky. And I'm certainly even more conscious than normal to keep my body in good positions, standing on both feet, not slouching or sitting cross legged - such positions if help for hours over long periods can lead to muscular imbalances. What I am noticing is some tension in my upper traps (shoulder/neck area), I wonder if the reluctance to being realigned by my top vertebrae is still holding on up there?

No comments:

Post a Comment